We often hear about such procedures as breast augmentation and breast lift, but can you imagine that one of the most popular plastic surgeries among women is breast reduction - reduction mammoplasty.
Large breasts visually change body proportions and make its owner look fatter. But this is not the only problem, that girls and women with big breasts face.
In this article, we will figure out, who needs reduction mammoplasty, how the surgical intervention is going on and will see some tips from the French plastic surgeon Jean Louis Durand for those who are about to reduce their breasts.
Big breasts are big problems.
Nowadays many women are of the opinion that men like only big boobs. The owners of small breast sizes are worried about this fact very much. But can you imagine that women with big breasts are not always happy with their “treasures” as they constantly face the following problems:
- Shopping for lingerie. It is almost impossible to find bras, which would be both cute and would keep the breast supported.
- Difficulties in choosing clothes. Very often the upper and lower parts of the body have different sizes.
- Discomfort during running.
- Back constantly hurts
- Stooped posture
- Sleep problems. Those who have large breasts have already forgotten what is to sleep on the stomach.
- Early breast ptosis.
Who needs breast reduction surgery?
In fact, the surgery can be performed from the very moment the woman starts feeling uncomfortable about her breasts. And the more problems the boobs cause, the higher the need for surgical intervention is.
Before performing the surgery plastic surgeons do not take into account breast volume alone, they also consider the growth and weight of the patient. After all, plump girls’ boobs can self-reduce after losing weight. Medical indications for reduction mammoplasty is when there should be removed 300 grams or more from each breast.
It is best to resort to breast reduction at an early age, as the stitch marks will be almost invisible, and the breasts will not have time to do significant harm to the patient's health. In France, girls undergo such surgery at the age of 16. However, many women resort to it at a later age – after the breastfeeding or during menopause.
How breast reduction surgery is performed
The reduction mammoplasty is performed under general anesthesia; its duration is about an hour. A plastic surgeon
removes from each breast excess fat and skin and replaces the nipple in order to make the result look as natural as possible. Accordingly, the stitch is T-shaped. Many ladies want to avoid this stitch and therefore they are looking for any “top” surgeons who use innovative, mini-invasive methods. Do not make such a mistake! The replacing of the nipple is a compulsory procedure for the ideal and long-term result. In theory, the breasts can be lifted or reduced with fewer stitches, but the result of such a surgery will be short-lived. Do not worry about stitches. After all, the proper postoperative care, giving up smoking and the professional hands of the surgeon will make the stitch marks almost invisible some time later.
Tips from the French plastic surgeon for those who are going to reduce their breasts
- Do not resort to mini-invasive surgery and beware of the innovative surgical techniques. The using of innovative techniques means that they are not accepted by the surgical community. The best surgery techniques are immediately adopted by doctors. Many patients often come to me after being operated on with such innovative methods.
- 6 months later, resort to micro pigmentation to get rid of stitch marks.
- Give up smoking before the surgery and do not smoke until the wound is completely healed.
- Regularly use special French creams for healing, because they reduce and smooth the stitch marks.
- If possible be operated on not only by a good surgeon, but also in a good clinic, since the result of surgery is affected by the professionalism of the surgeon, the professionalism of the anesthesiologist, medical equipment and the sterility of the operating room
Is reduction mammoplasty painful?
No, reduction mammoplasty is not a deep surgical intervention, so the organs are not affected. For example, during augmentation mammoplasty the breast implant can be inserted under the muscle, which can cause some postoperative pain. In case of reduction mammoplasty, only the skin and the part of the breasts are affected. Anyway, you will be offered a painkiller after the surgery.
How will my breasts look like after the surgery? What about stitch marks?
If the surgery is successfully performed, your breasts will be cute and even ideal. During the surgical intervention, the excess skin is removed, the breast shape is changed and the nipples are replaced. The visibility of stitch marks depends on the level of professionalism of the surgeon, but it also depends on your individual characteristics and your lifestyle. Anyway, today there are a lot of creams and techniques that get rid of scars, so you shouldn’t worry about it.
What is the price for reduction mammoplasty in France?
You may be surprised, but the price for such surgery is much cheaper than in the USA and in most European countries. However, the conditions and the level of security is high enough, due to the tightened legislation of France and the absence of corruption and negligence. On average, reduction mammoplasty in France costs 4-5 thousand euros.