Many women often wonder whether their breasts are good enough, whether they are not too small or not too saggy? You can find many ways of determining the elasticity of your boobs on the Internet. One of such tests is when you place a pen under the breast and observe if it will fall when you raise your hands up. However, plastic surgeons choose a more scientific approach to decide, whether a patient needs mammoplasty or not.
This article will describe this scientific approach and will tell you some useful information about mammoplasty.
You need mammoplasty if:
- You just want to change your breasts. But mind that it should be only your will but not your husband’s or your boyfriend’s. It should not be imposed on you by public opinion or fashion. It is you who should make up your mind. Also, the wish to resort to mammoplasty should be permanent, not temporary. It may happen that at one moment you want to increase your breast size, and at another moment you consider your boobs quite good without any plastic surgery. Many women decide on mammoplasty only after years of hesitation, which is normal.
Attention! Very often fashion is different from the classical view of female body shape. Today small, almost absent breasts and big hips are in fashion. But you must remember that everything that is on-trend now is temporary. Fashion has no place in the sphere of plastic surgery. Otherwise, you should be ready for endless surgical interventions.
- You have aesthetic defects, such as too large areoles and pronounced asymmetry. Here not only breast asymmetry is meant, but also the asymmetry of the upper and lower parts of your body. If your hips are wide and your shoulders are narrow, then breast augmentation is just what you need.
- You have breast ptosis and your skin is not strong enough to support the weight of the breast. It is foolish to think that only large boobs can sag. Very often, slim and fit mommies have small but at the same time sagging breasts. This fact upsets them. Their body seems to look quite tight and slim, but pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding did the trick - no exercise, no cream, no cosmetic procedure cannot regain the former elasticity of their breast skin. In this case, the insertion of implants is the only way out.
Sometimes a combined surgery is required, during which breast lifts (Mastopexy) are performed together with the insertion of implants. The combined surgery is required, because the implant is inserted incorrectly, and the excess skin appears as a result. It is very important for the doctor to choose the precise size of the implant in order to avoid mastopexy. However, many plastic surgeons always recommend their patients to do a lift, explaining to them that thus the result will be more long-lasting.
How the doctor decides, whether you need a breast lift or not.
Dr. Jean Louis Duran takes into account the following parameters:
- Patient’s height
- Distance from the collarbone to the beginning of the nipple
- The size of the areola
- Distance from the bottom of the nipple to the axilla
Mammoplasty is not just a simple procedure as it might seem at first sight. Even the process of selecting implants is a real art. For example, the trademark "Eurosilicone" offers more than a thousand varieties of implants where one implant can be a millimeter smaller than another. And this millimeter is of great importance. Make sure that your surgeon can order any size of the implant. Do not choose the implant just because its brand is very popular now, it should be made of the expensive material of high-quality.
Successfully performed plastic surgery and a correctly chosen implant reduce the effect of negative factors that may appear in the future. These factors include:
- Changes in the weight
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Hormonal imbalance
What will happen if the doctor inserts the incorrect implant size?
If for some reason the boobs sag after the plastic surgery, the outline of the implant may be seen through the skin.
Mind that any surgical intervention is a risk!
Types of risks:
- Anaphylactic shock
- Implant rejection
- Capsular contracture
- The result which looks unnatural
And this list of risks after the breast augmentation is incomplete.
Follow the tips in order to cut the risks:
- Avoid surgeries in small private clinics where there is no emergency department.
- Avoid so-called top surgeons, especially in post-Soviet countries. They are well-advertised, but they are poor specialists.
- If possible, visit foreign countries for a plastic surgery. The prices there are about the same, but there you are protected by the law. The absence of corruption and a serious attitude towards everything come to nothing any risks.
France is the best variant for breast augmentation surgery.