5 reasons why Hip and Knee Replacements should be performed in France
1. Reasonable prices for health care services
Few people know that medical services in France are of the same quality or even higher than in Germany and Austria. Moreover, prices here are 20-30 percent lower than in the countries mentioned. In France, you get premium-class treatment for adequate prices.
The main secret is the French health care system. It is the government that covers the medical expenses of its citizens, the government, therefore, controls pricing in the field of medicine.
Also, the prices are affected by the development of minimally invasive surgical techniques. Many surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis, so the time of surgical interventions decreases and the clinics are not overcrowded.
But it is worth noting that this does not apply to the Parisian clinics, where VIP patients, Hollywood stars and Arab sheiks are mainly treated. These clinics are obliged to set high prices because of their high status.
2. High-quality medicine
- It is not easy to become a doctor in France – only best applicants are enrolled in medical high schools (70 % of applicants are expelled). In addition, to get a diploma you have to study for 14 years and even more.
- The professional activity of the doctor is supervised by the Medical Board. A disgruntled patient can complain to the Medical Board, which can deprive the doctor of his medical practice license.
- All medical institutions in France are regularly accredited by the French High Council for Public Health - HAS (Haute Autorité de Santé). In case of the violations, the medical activity of the clinic is immediately suspended.
- The latest polls conducted in Europe showed that patients are fully satisfied with the French medicine. Although the French themselves are always unhappy with everything for some unknown reason.
- The French healthcare system is rated as the best in the world, according to the World Health Organization.
- The French government allocates for health three times more budget funds than any other European country.
- It is also worth noting that the risk of getting an infection while being operating on is very low in France. The development of minimally invasive surgical techniques has contributed to it, as the time of surgical intervention has reduced. Some statistics: the chance of getting an infection in a French operating unit is five times less than in England!!!
3. French orthopedists are one of the best specialists in the world
It is in France where the largest number of orthopedic surgeries is performed. In addition, many discoveries in the field of orthopedics have been made and many innovations have been implemented exactly in France. French orthopedists are welcome members of any medical congress.
The French have implemented the so-called method of the permanent implant. It doesn’t mean that the implant is made of a super-strong material, it means that the insertion angle of the prosthesis is calculated individually for each patient. Thus, the friction is reduced, and the lifetime of the implant is prolonged. This aspect is especially important for young patients – there is no need to be re-operated on 10-15 years after the surgery.
There are many foreign patients in French orthopedic clinics such as Irish and Americans. They come to France as there are long surgical waiting lists in their countries, and the insurance covers all expenses. Insurance companies benefit from cooperating with France not only because of low prices but also because of the virtual absence of post-surgery complications.
4. France is the ideal destination to visit
Everyone has dreamed of visiting France at least once. However, the main landmarks, such as the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower ceased to attract people. Now tourists are attracted by castles, wine domains and the French style of life in general. Treatment can be mixed with pleasure. We offer you to be treated in the French province, where you can feel like a real Frenchman.
5. The French are amazing people!
Many people trust German medicine because Germans are efficient and disciplined in all aspects of life. However, the French are disciplined in certain areas, such as for example, medicine. Besides, they are kind, friendly and good-natured people. These traits of character appeal to all patients. During the hospital stay, the patient meets a large number of medical staff. These are nurses, laboratory assistants, and other junior medical staff. Each of them sincerely worries about each patient and tries to support him. This human love is noted by ALL foreign patients!
France is the best country for getting treatments, isn’t it?