Medifrance Solution services will help save your time, money, and also, will give you full confidence in treatment provided. Health is probably the most important thing in everyone’s life that is why we guarantee the best results of your treatment and a speedy recovery. We also understand that any kind of medical intervention, whether it pertains to surgery or diagnostics, is an important and sometimes difficult stage in a person’s life. Our team will put all their efforts to brighten up this episode in your life and support you. The main thing you should know is that we’ll give you the absolute sense of security and confidence that you are in safe hands. French landscapes, cuisine, and melodious language will nicely complement your treatment time.
Hernia surgery in France
Learn everything about hernia repair and other hernia surgery in France.
What is hernia and history of hernia surgery in France & in the world.
Hernia is a complete or partial outpouching of an organ under the skin, between muscles, or into the internal pockets and cavities through the openings in the anatomical structures. These may be openings or passages existing under normal conditions and increasing under abnormal conditions, and openings that occur at the site of tissue defect, post-operative scar thinning, etc. According to localization, cerebral, muscular, diaphragmatic hernias and abdominal hernia are distinguished. Hernias of the abdomen are classified according to their anatomical location. Thus, doctors distinguish: inguinal, femoral, umbilical, post-operative and ventral hernias, and also midline hernias and internal hernias. In order to prevent discomfort from operated hernia, to provide quickest possible recovery and return to normal everyday life, surgeons use tension-free and laparoscopic hernioplasty. These are modern, reliable, and effective methods of hernia excision.
Genuine breakthrough in herniology was the use of meshes during surgeries on hernias. It is in 1989 when meshes were involved in the treatment of a hernia for the first time, and from then onward technologies have been constantly improving. While in the past hernia orifice was closed with local patient’s tissues, now a patch in the form of a mesh made of modern materials, which prevents outpouching of a hernia, is applied instead. At the same time, there are different ways of fixing these meshes: some of them are sewn, some are fixed with a special stapler, and others do not require additional fixation at all.
In conclusion, we can say that a hernia is easily managed (we are talking only about the surgical treatment). The main thing is that you must seek immediate medical attention in case of slightest suspicion as a neglected hernia may lead to entrapment!
What types of hernia surgery in France are performed successfully?
The thing is that this disease involves rupture of the fibrous ring of the intervertebral disc, resulting in running of the disc nucleus out, due to which a hernia is formed.
There are 3 main types of intervertebral hernias:
Also, hernias may be of two types:
1. Sequestrating hernia of the spine. It is a complicated type of herniated disc which is characterized by running of the nucleus pulposus disc out into the spinal canal, where it can compress spinal nerves.
2. Schmorl a hernia (Schmorl cartilaginous node) is a protrusion of the intervertebral disc into the body of the overlying or underlying vertebra, without affecting the spinal cord.
To rule out other diseases, diagnostics of a spinal hernia is performed. The most informative are magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) and X-ray diagnostics.
Some types of hernias lead to serious pain syndromes, moreover, it may cause paralysis due to compression of the spinal cord with a hernia.
Current methods of hernia surgery in France allow minimizing the risk of post-operative complications and recurrences.
Surgical treatment is indicated if non-surgical treatment was ineffective. Surgical methods of treatment include:
Replacement of the intervertebral disc;
Percutaneous thermocoagulation of the intervertebral joints;
Laser reconstruction of intervertebral disc (LRD);
Biological renewal of the intervertebral disc;
Treatment method is selected on an individual basis depending on the diagnostic findings.
This list is not exhaustive and is provided for informational purposes.
Please contact us for further information.
- FREE ONLINE-CONSULTATIONS
- ADVICE ON CHOOSING A CLINIC AND A DOCTOR
- MEDICAL HISTORY TRANSLATION
- HELP WITH PROCURING A MEDICAL VISA AND INSURANCE
- FOLLOW-AND-TRANSLATE DURING YOUR WHOLE STAY
- BOOKING INTO THE CLINIC FOR THE PROCEDURES
- ORGANIZATION OF LEISURE TIME (GUIDED TOURS, DEGUSTATIONS, SHOPPING, ETC.)
- LEGAL SUPPORT AND DEFENSE FOR OUR CLIENTS
- FOLLOW-UP AFTER YOU RETURN HOME
- From 90 euros per night
- Provincial clinic
- Standard single room with shower and TV
- Gourmet meals 3 times a day
- Scheduled treatment
- Free WiFi
- * Possibility to upgrade to "Standard plus"
- From 400 euros per night
- Elite urban clinic
- Luxury room
- Possibility of staying with your relatives
- Restaurant meals 3 times a day (on request)
- Urgent admission for treatment
- Complete anonymity
- Beautician, hair stylist, and massage therapist, Free WiFi
- * Possibility to request royal apartments"
- ARRIVAL TO FRANCE